2011 Predictions

Started Dec 30, 2010 | Discussions
Cedarhill
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,638
Like?
There are already UFO capture lenses!
In reply to Andy C Knight, Jan 17, 2011

They are called "UV filters". You install them on the front of your regular lens. Haven't you noticed the number of novice photographers posting pictures with mysterious lights showing up in the night sky after installing a UV filter for "protection"?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,873Gear list
Like?
Re: 2011 Predictions
In reply to jk, Jan 17, 2011

jk wrote:

what would you do if your now new camera still "took" just as crummy pictures as your old one .. oh god it must be the camera that sucks

This is a profound observation, and it hits close to home! All of my cameras suck, and I have proof, all my pictures suck...

(And I expect a number of people will chime in to for once agree with something I say)

Aside from my other predictions, I predict that finally there will be a "good" camera released and my pictures wont suck....

Dave

BIJ001
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,695Gear list
Like?
Re: in camera metering
In reply to JulesJ, Jan 17, 2011

JulesJ wrote:

See a legions thread of mine about in camera metering. The best method ever was the analogue needle that moved up and down as you

What about autofocus? It can be done, it is done, but should it be done?

-- hide signature --

Iván József Balázs
(Hungary)

BIJ001's gear list:BIJ001's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
jk
jk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,282
Like?
In reply to Chato, Jan 17, 2011

chato i love your sense of humor

Chato wrote:

jk wrote:

what would you do if your now new camera still "took" just as crummy pictures as your old one .. oh god it must be the camera that sucks

This is a profound observation, and it hits close to home! All of my cameras suck, and I have proof, all my pictures suck...

(And I expect a number of people will chime in to for once agree with something I say)

Aside from my other predictions, I predict that finally there will be a "good" camera released and my pictures wont suck....

Dave

-- hide signature --

beam me up scotty

do you consider yourself lucky?

Don Simons
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?

1. There will be continued convergence of mobile phones and cameras.
2. New nomenclature will advance apace, thus Camones and Phameras will arrive.

3. With more camera-like fashion accessories such as the Fujifilm X 100. Gucci and Rolex will release wearable cameras that may or may not take photos, but they will look good.

4. I will be forced to go to more photographic exhibitions of black and white blurry images that only the top one percent of the art appreciation community seem to understand.

5. I will go somewhere in Japan and find that there is no old man there with a camera.

6. One hundred people will enter a photo of a wooden jetty heading out into a misty seascape in the Jetty Challenge.

7. One camera maker will break the record for the mass release of 15 compact cameras at one time.
8. Leica will make an affordable camera.
9. Extending lenses will be banned in public places.

10. The world's first hybrid film/digital camera the Canon Prius will be produced to save on batteries.

Don Simons's gear list:Don Simons's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
Bill Force
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,607
Like?

I predict that in 2011 Chato will actually offer a post with substance albiet he has never to this date! Quantity is not quality.
--

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

manthasfamily
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,872Gear list
Like?
Re: Gizmo will go viral on DPR
In reply to Chato, Jan 18, 2011

I needed a laugh!

Chato wrote:

TechOutsider wrote:

Any thoughts on what cameras will be like in 2011?

A few of mine:

1) The long awaited successor to the Fuji F200EXR
2) Propagation of backlit sensors - Samsung already has their own backlit sensor

3) RAW mode on compact cameras! Samsung has endowed their newest superzoom RAW mode.
4) More N8 like phones
5) Kodak releases the P880's successor ;).
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/techoutsider

They broke the mold when they made this dog...

Dave

-- hide signature --

Karen

If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

manthasfamily's gear list:manthasfamily's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 +2 more
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,779Gear list
Like?
cameras will keep getting better....
In reply to TechOutsider, Jan 18, 2011

... but more and more people will realize that their three year old camera is working just fine... and currently meets or exceeds all their needs.

And this might cause a real problem for the industry.
--
Marty
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/marty4650/sets/72157606210120132
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marty4650/sets/72157606210120132/show/
my blog: http://marty4650.blogspot.com/
Olympus E-30
Olympus E-P1

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
tkpatric
Senior MemberPosts: 1,154Gear list
Like?
Re: cameras will keep getting better....
In reply to Marty4650, Jan 18, 2011

when cameras are good enough (for most people, not for pixelpeepers), they will get smaller.
--
http://users.telenet.be/patric/

BobSC
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,292
Like?
In reply to romphotog, Jan 18, 2011

romphotog wrote:

I predict in 2011 the collapse of photography as a money making trade. 50% of wedding and fashion photogs will shut down. Less models will be walking around 34st with their portfolios. Face it, no one is getting married anymore. Who needs fancy weddings?! Just pay uncle Moe $200 to snap some shots with his P&S and view the pics on the puter.

My wedding photographer shot Plus-x on a Bronica Camera and printed on Ilford paper. The things you remember. He was awesome.

Anyway, my wife used to get a lot of calls to play violin in weddings (string quartet). It used to be people would call months in advance and she would be booked solid from May till July with at least one in each of the other months. I don't think she's gotten a call in two years.

BobSC
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,292
Like?
In reply to tkpatric, Jan 18, 2011

tkpatric wrote:

when cameras are good enough (for most people, not for pixelpeepers), they will get smaller.

Oh! You mean Olympus 4/3 will rule the new year?

jk
jk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,282
Like?
In reply to Marty4650, Jan 18, 2011

precisely what i think

Marty4650 wrote:

... but more and more people will realize that their three year old camera is working just fine... and currently meets or exceeds all their needs.

And this might cause a real problem for the industry.
--
Marty
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/marty4650/sets/72157606210120132
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marty4650/sets/72157606210120132/show/
my blog: http://marty4650.blogspot.com/
Olympus E-30
Olympus E-P1

-- hide signature --

beam me up scotty

do you consider yourself lucky?

The Customer
Contributing MemberPosts: 778
Like?
In reply to TechOutsider, Jan 19, 2011

Argus will become a premium brand, using technology reverse-engineered from alien point-and-shoots salvaged at Roswell. Their one SLR offering and its one available compact 6-1600mm f/1.2 lens will, in the course of a week or two, destroy every other camera company. The employees of those companies will all get jobs -- with full benefits -- at the reinvigorated Argus.

The camera will also record 120fps 8K video and will, via a compression scheme humans would have taken another 90 years to devise, fit two hours of said video on a plain-Jane 512MB SD card. Everyone who buys one will, despite griping about how the video function muddies the camera's purity-of-purpose, use the movie mode to shoot video that will win each and every one of them Academy Awards for cinematography the following year. That ceremony will be the longest televised Oscars in all of human history.

Because of all this, one million children born this year will be named Argus. Or Argusina for the girls.

Cust.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads