Olympus OM-1 viewfinder blurry

Started Nov 7, 2010 | Discussions
nixcamic
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus OM-1 viewfinder blurry
Nov 7, 2010

I was given an Olympus OM-1 and it has a blurry viewfinder, ie meter needle and everything is out of focus. Normally I would adjust the diopter to fix this, but there isn't one (that I can find), anyone know how I can fix it?

Henry Caron
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,942
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-1 viewfinder blurry
In reply to nixcamic, Nov 7, 2010
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nixcamic
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to Henry Caron, Nov 8, 2010

Well I didn't fully explain myself I guess, but usually I don't need any diopter adjustment, I just leave it at 0. I have a K1000 and its viewfinder is perfect, as is the viewfinder on any other SLR I've ever used. Do I still need an external diopter or is there something wrong with the camera?

rude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
In reply to nixcamic, Nov 8, 2010

yeah go to that site as henry suggested. maybe the focusing screen is not seating right in camera. it can be taken out and put back in but have a repair place do it unless you have oly tweezers. also maybe in prism there is mold or dust/dirt. go to that mir site which is very helpful. rl
or get a new focusing screen. keh has them. rl

nixcamic wrote:

Well I didn't fully explain myself I guess, but usually I don't need any diopter adjustment, I just leave it at 0. I have a K1000 and its viewfinder is perfect, as is the viewfinder on any other SLR I've ever used. Do I still need an external diopter or is there something wrong with the camera?

-- hide signature --

been a photographer since the late 70s. i should have picked a less expensive hobby but i love it to death. rude

rude's gear list:rude's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 Samsung TL500 Olympus TG-820 iHS Canon EOS 10D +2 more
rude
Like?
In reply to nixcamic, Nov 8, 2010

could it be the obvious that the lens isnt in focus. its always wise to get used gear from keh. their stuff is guaranteed. rl

nixcamic wrote:

I was given an Olympus OM-1 and it has a blurry viewfinder, ie meter needle and everything is out of focus. Normally I would adjust the diopter to fix this, but there isn't one (that I can find), anyone know how I can fix it?

-- hide signature --

been a photographer since the late 70s. i should have picked a less expensive hobby but i love it to death. rude

Olympus E-10 Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 Samsung TL500 Olympus TG-820 iHS Canon EOS 10D +2 more
rt22306
Senior MemberPosts: 1,802Gear list
Like?
In reply to nixcamic, Nov 9, 2010

It could be the mirror is locked in the up position; do you have good batteries in it? Looking down at the lens pointed towards a subject, the mirror lockup button will be on the upper right of the lens mount.

-- hide signature --

The Last of the Yashicans.

rt22306's gear list:rt22306's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K10D +8 more
rude
Like?
In reply to nixcamic, Nov 9, 2010

the focus screen itself looks dark and blurry a little which is normal indoors due to the matting or texture of the screen. it will lighten up outdoors but always check your lens for proper focus. rl

nixcamic wrote:

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads