Difference video quality gh1 and epl1

Started Jul 24, 2010 | Discussions
inti4444
Contributing MemberPosts: 792
Like?
Difference video quality gh1 and epl1
Jul 24, 2010

As my GH1 has gone down (I still hope it can be repaired) I am putting my focus on the EPL1 picture quality wise.

As I am am a fervent video maker I would like to know if there is a big difference in video quality between the GH1 and the olympus EPL1
Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/gastonrings

siminona
Senior MemberPosts: 1,221
Like?
Re: Difference video quality gh1 and epl1
In reply to inti4444, Jul 24, 2010

I have a Pen and love it for its image quality. It's video capability is quite good. But if your main focus is video, I would go for the GH1 since it can do 1080p and can be hacked for even better video quality.

inti4444 wrote:

As my GH1 has gone down (I still hope it can be repaired) I am putting my focus on the EPL1 picture quality wise.

As I am am a fervent video maker I would like to know if there is a big difference in video quality between the GH1 and the olympus EPL1
Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/gastonrings

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Anthias
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
In reply to siminona, Jul 24, 2010

with the ptool hack, there is just no comparison. both the panasonic gh1 (when shooting at 1080p) and the gf1 (when shooting at 720p) are superior to the olympus. for video, you cant beat the hacked pannys.

mdman
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
In reply to Anthias, Jul 24, 2010

I cut a family video using my hacked GH1 (kit lens and 20mm) and a EPL1 (kit lens). Frankly, the difference is huge, and it's pretty obvious which footage comes from which camera. You'll miss the GH1

David Lawson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,752Gear list
Like?
Hack may not work with new GH1's
In reply to mdman, Jul 24, 2010

dvxuser has several threads one "Cannot update GH1 formware" is very long.

Others in the GH1 firmware threads are also having problems with new cameras. It seems if the camera comes with the latest 1.3 version from the factory it won't allow hack. Worth a wander over there to check it out. It's put me in two minds about getting a GH1 as I no nothing about video. Just fancied a play.
david

David Lawson's gear list:David Lawson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads