Epson R2880- Ink Charging Cycle- Daily??

Started Mar 28, 2010 | Discussions
Clark95
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
Epson R2880- Ink Charging Cycle- Daily??
Mar 28, 2010

I recently purchased the Epson R2880. In four days of use- it has performed an ink charging cycle each day. I used to have the R1800- it would charge the ink approx once every two weeks- or after a large print job. Is this normal for the 2880??? It happened three times and not turning the printer off. Turned printer off for a day and then printer- same thing. IS there a seting I may have checked off? I looked but did not see one- and don't know why it is going through these five minute cycles every day. Thanks for any advice.

xilvar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,403
Like?
Re: Epson R2880- Ink Charging Cycle- Daily??
In reply to Clark95, Mar 29, 2010

There are many different cleaning/maintenance cycles. Some of them use very little ink, and some use a lot. Are you sure its really taking 5 minutes of wall-time?

In any case its probably not doing a charging cycle. that's a lot of ink... It's probably doing a light cleaning (relatively little ink)

xilvar

Clark95 wrote:

I recently purchased the Epson R2880. In four days of use- it has performed an ink charging cycle each day. I used to have the R1800- it would charge the ink approx once every two weeks- or after a large print job. Is this normal for the 2880??? It happened three times and not turning the printer off. Turned printer off for a day and then printer- same thing. IS there a seting I may have checked off? I looked but did not see one- and don't know why it is going through these five minute cycles every day. Thanks for any advice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Clark95
Like?

It does a cleaning cycle at least a full three minutes- I have not timed it exactly. But it is the same process it goes through when I had the R1800 and would clean the print head if there were clogs. Also, each time my R2880 is doing this- I see the ink levels all drop a little. I just don't understand why it would do it four times in week. I plan on printing something this evening- and will see if it does it again. If it does I may give Epson a call- but don't know how much help I will get.

Psiman
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?

I've had my R2880 since last June and haven't seen this but I only switch it off using the top power switch NOT the mains switch.
--
Simon

http://www.crewephotosoc.com

Clark95
Like?
In reply to Psiman, Mar 29, 2010

I take it you mean the power button? That is also how I turn it off- but I only turned it off once- the other times I just left it on.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads