Epson R2400 not accepting paper

Started Jan 7, 2010 | Discussions
DavidF
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
Epson R2400 not accepting paper
Jan 7, 2010

My trusty Epson R2400 has stopped accepting sheets of paper. Either the sheets are taken in to the printer and then spit back out without printing, or the printer just doesn't take the sheets--I get print feed error messages in both cases (and I think I'm running through ink with each error message). All the sheets were letter-size.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can get the printer to accept paper?

Best, David.

dhall
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Re: Epson R2400 not accepting paper
In reply to DavidF, Jan 7, 2010

It's usually because the paper feed roller is lightly covered with dust from paper feeding. The rubber coating collects dust over time. The roller tends to work better with glossy and semi-glossy paper but if you feed a lot of photo rag/matte paper you will pick up more residue from the paper.

You can try taking a lightly damp washcloth, hold it against the roller, then hit the top button on the front panel (paper feed) to trigger the roller. With light pressure, hold the damp washcloth against the roller and it should pick up the dust. The roller will revolve twice with every paper feed button push. There is a flat side to the roller that you will notice as it spins around.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
luibob
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
In reply to dhall, Mar 26, 2011

Wow. You all never seize to amaze me. I had the same problem. I would have spent all night re-installing drivers and cursing. Damp cloth on the roller did the trick!

-Luis
Epson R-2400

luibob's gear list:luibob's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +1 more
Juliette22
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to DavidF, Apr 30, 2013

DavidF wrote:

My trusty Epson R2400 has stopped accepting sheets of paper. Either the sheets are taken in to the printer and then spit back out without printing, or the printer just doesn't take the sheets--I get print feed error messages in both cases (and I think I'm running through ink with each error message). All the sheets were letter-size.

Best, David.

My Epson does not pull the paper  A3 +  anymore and I get the dreaded 'media out'... I have reloaded the Drivers/ re-started my Mac nothing works ....

Will the trick with the damp cloth work ? and what do you actually do.  ? Regards

xrdbear
xrdbear MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,673
Like?
In reply to Juliette22, Apr 30, 2013

Juliette22 wrote:

DavidF wrote:

Best, David.

My Epson does not pull the paper  A3 +  anymore and I get the dreaded 'media out'... I have reloaded the Drivers/ re-started my Mac nothing works ....

Will the trick with the damp cloth work ? and what do you actually do.  ? Regards

This is a very old thread, you might get more luck by starting a new thread or sending a private message. What printer are you using?

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads