NEED ZS3/TZ7 1.1 FIRMWARE urgent!!

Started Aug 6, 2009 | Discussions
Frank Hua
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
NEED ZS3/TZ7 1.1 FIRMWARE urgent!!
Aug 6, 2009

As it turns out I'm leaving in 24 hours and the battery that arrived won't work on v1.2

I would really appreciate it if someone could send the file to me.
Thanks in advance.

-Frank

PS. The battery I got was advertised as ID SECURED on Amazon (as seller).. Manufactured by Maximum Power. A warning for everyone else.. stay away from it.

-- hide signature --

Frank Hua
Like?
Re: NEED ZS3/TZ7 1.1 FIRMWARE urgent!!
In reply to Frank Hua, Aug 6, 2009

Thank you RS... =]

Anyone who needs it... http://rapidshare.de/files/47790789/TZ7_V11.zip.html

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
siamwoods
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?

download from the link below
http://www.opendrivers.com/downloaddriverurls.php

select download from "backup download sever" apparantly the their "official server 1" is not working
i have not tested the downloaded file, not sure if it is working fine
good luck!

norvegia
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?

Please report back if you success in reverting to the 1.1 firmware.

-- hide signature --
footagehead
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
In reply to norvegia, Aug 6, 2009

Thanks for the driver link. Just to be sure as I've never updated a camera driver.
DL the driver for the TZ7 to my Intel iMac, then connect the camera to the iMac,
and remove old firmware and drag and drop 1.2 ?
Thanks in advance for advice.

norvegia
Like?
In reply to footagehead, Aug 6, 2009

footagehead wrote:

Thanks for the driver link. Just to be sure as I've never updated a camera driver.
DL the driver for the TZ7 to my Intel iMac, then connect the camera to the iMac,
and remove old firmware and drag and drop 1.2 ?
Thanks in advance for advice.

Here is the "how to": http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/TZ7_ZS3/index2.html

Good luck.

-- hide signature --
footagehead
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?

@norvegia - thanks for the informative link - greatly appreciated.

Nanty Coy
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
In reply to footagehead, Aug 6, 2009

According to Panasonic, you cannot retrograde firmware; if you have v1.2 you're stuck with it!

Nanty Coy's gear list:Nanty Coy's gear list
Sony SLT-A65
tyampel
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,778
Like?
You can downgrade.
In reply to Nanty Coy, Aug 6, 2009

Not true. I just did that, downgraded from 1.2 to 1.1 and it works fine.
Tried the same with LX3 and it also works.
This is indeed a bit unusual and may be limited to Panasonic.

You may need a clean SD card to get it working.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Tod Yampel

Duck Club member

Cade78
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: You can downgrade.
In reply to tyampel, Aug 6, 2009

Hope the downgrading also works for me!

I just ordered a Hong Kong ZS3 on eBay. The seller included several gifts with their previous auctions for the TZ7/ZS3, including an extra third-party battery. With their newest auctions they removed the extra battery from it because they got new stock from their supplier which has the 1.2 firmware preloaded (I already was pleasantly surprised they were aware of this).

I asked them to include the extra battery anyhow and told them it should be possible to downgrade the firmware. They complied but couldn't guarantee the extra battery would work (great service as I got the extra battery for free!).

As soon as I have received my camera I will try it out and post back here.

norvegia
Like?
In reply to tyampel, Aug 6, 2009

tyampel wrote:

Not true. I just did that, downgraded from 1.2 to 1.1 and it works fine.
This is indeed a bit unusual and may be limited to Panasonic.

Thanks for the info! I tried it myself and I can also confirm that it works (at least with the firmware file that I downloaded a few mins ago; they may "fix" it though). And I'm glad it worked...

I wanted to try firmware 1.2 because a few weeks ago I bought two supposedly genuine Panasonic batteries from eBay (item nÂș 220448182960) and was curious to see if they were genuine.

So I just loaded firmware 1.2, put one of these "genuine" batteries in the camera and... I got the message saying that they were not supported!! So, they are fake or they don't come chipped but, if they are fake, they look very real to me:

So if anyone plans on getting one of these thinking they ar the real deal, be aware that they won't work with the 1.2 firmware.

Rgds.

-- hide signature --
norvegia
Like?
In reply to Cade78, Aug 6, 2009

Cade78 wrote:

I just ordered a Hong Kong ZS3 on eBay.

Finally! You know you're getting the PAL version, right?

-- hide signature --
Cade78
Like?

Haha hey dude... yeah, I finally decided what I want (where to get it from that is). I know the HK ZS3 is PAL but that's okay because I can't see any difference in smoothness between 25fps and 30fps anyway. Most important part for me is that I don't have the recording limit.

Buying the HK ZS3 was also cheaper then importing the camera from the US (if you can find it in stock there anyway that is), also because US sellers didn't want to put a lower value on the parcel to help minimize customs fees. Importing the camera from Japan (like you did) was an option, but I didn't like the fact that the camera's language would be only Japanese then so I finally decided to buy it through eBay from Hong Kong. Shipping should take 2 days since they used Express Shipping (as long as customs don't interfere) so I'm pretty excited.

norvegia wrote:

Cade78 wrote:

-- hide signature --
Cade78
Like?

Good to hear that you were also able to downgrade your firmware. If I receive my camera with firmware 1.2 I also should be able then to revert it back to 1.1 so I can use the extra battery that comes with it. Can't wait

Btw. I was also looking at those "genuine" Panasonic batteries for about 22 euro for when third-party batteries wouldn't work with my camera. Thanks for the warning! Pretty good fakes if you ask me... also higly illegal to let them look like the original battery. You should give the seller negative feedback and claim your money back with PayPal because of a fake product.

Frank Hua
Like?
In reply to Cade78, Aug 7, 2009

As the OP, I apologize for not responding earlier but the fact that I was on a plane...

Downgrade worked nicely. My camera still works perfect. Other than blocking out third party batteries, v1.2 proves to be not beneficial in any manner.
--

norvegia
Like?

You should be getting it soon then. Well, enjoy it and hope you share some shots or videos here

Rgds.

Cade78 wrote:

Haha hey dude... yeah, I finally decided what I want (where to get it from that is). I know the HK ZS3 is PAL but that's okay because I can't see any difference in smoothness between 25fps and 30fps anyway. Most important part for me is that I don't have the recording limit.

Buying the HK ZS3 was also cheaper then importing the camera from the US (if you can find it in stock there anyway that is), also because US sellers didn't want to put a lower value on the parcel to help minimize customs fees. Importing the camera from Japan (like you did) was an option, but I didn't like the fact that the camera's language would be only Japanese then so I finally decided to buy it through eBay from Hong Kong. Shipping should take 2 days since they used Express Shipping (as long as customs don't interfere) so I'm pretty excited.

norvegia wrote:

Cade78 wrote:

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
norvegia
Like?

I already gave the seller positive feedback... I'm not really that concerned because the batteries work just fine but I'll see what I can do about it.

Rgds.

Cade78 wrote:

Good to hear that you were also able to downgrade your firmware. If I receive my camera with firmware 1.2 I also should be able then to revert it back to 1.1 so I can use the extra battery that comes with it. Can't wait

Btw. I was also looking at those "genuine" Panasonic batteries for about 22 euro for when third-party batteries wouldn't work with my camera. Thanks for the warning! Pretty good fakes if you ask me... also higly illegal to let them look like the original battery. You should give the seller negative feedback and claim your money back with PayPal because of a fake product.

-- hide signature --
tyampel
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,778
Like?
In reply to norvegia, Aug 7, 2009

I did downgrade the ZS3 1.2 firmware to TZ7 1.1.
The EXIF now says TZ7 instead of ZS3.
The video format stayed the same NTSC.
Did not test the 15 minutes limit but I am pretty sure it isn't there.
So the camera remained being ZS3, with the EXIF model exception change.
I can always go up to ZS3 1.2 if some problems appear.
Bought a battery for the camera for $15.00 including shipping.

Will see how it works out.

-- hide signature --

Tod Yampel

Duck Club member

Cade78
Like?
Downgrading from 1.2 to 1.1 DOES work!
In reply to Cade78, Aug 12, 2009

As I stated below I would post back regarding the possibility of downgrading the firmware of the TZ7/ZS3. Some people already verified that it worked with their models so I was anxious to try it out myself with a Hong Kong model.

I received my Hong Kong ZS3 from eBay today and it was indeed already flashed with the 1.2 firmware. Trying the extra third-party battery that I got just gave me a message saying something like "This battery cannot be used". I put the 1.1 firmware on my memory card, turned my camera on with the original battery and it asked if I wanted to update. After a few seconds the update was done and after checking if the firmware was indeed version 1.1 I slammed in my third-party battery and it WORKED! I'm happy as a little kid now

Unless Panasonic will fix some serious things for this camera with their next firmware releases I will stick to version 1.1.

Cade78 wrote:

I just ordered a Hong Kong ZS3 on eBay. The seller included several gifts with their previous auctions for the TZ7/ZS3, including an extra third-party battery. With their newest auctions they removed the extra battery from it because they got new stock from their supplier which has the 1.2 firmware preloaded (I already was pleasantly surprised they were aware of this).

I asked them to include the extra battery anyhow and told them it should be possible to downgrade the firmware. They complied but couldn't guarantee the extra battery would work (great service as I got the extra battery for free!).

As soon as I have received my camera I will try it out and post back here.

norvegia
Like?
Re: Downgrading from 1.2 to 1.1 DOES work!
In reply to Cade78, Aug 12, 2009

Cade78 wrote:

As I stated below I would post back regarding the possibility of downgrading the firmware of the TZ7/ZS3. Some people already verified that it worked with their models so I was anxious to try it out myself with a Hong Kong model.

I received my Hong Kong ZS3 from eBay today and it was indeed already flashed with the 1.2 firmware. Trying the extra third-party battery that I got just gave me a message saying something like "This battery cannot be used". I put the 1.1 firmware on my memory card, turned my camera on with the original battery and it asked if I wanted to update. After a few seconds the update was done and after checking if the firmware was indeed version 1.1 I slammed in my third-party battery and it WORKED! I'm happy as a little kid now

Unless Panasonic will fix some serious things for this camera with their next firmware releases I will stick to version 1.1.

Glad it worked for you too Cade. Now just enjoy the camera!

Rgds.
--
TZ7 video collection:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LumixTZ7

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads