Silver dot on new 1DMKIII box

Started Jul 8, 2009 | Discussions
CAllenLV
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Silver dot on new 1DMKIII box
Jul 8, 2009

I just received a new 1DMKIII, there is a yellow and SILVER dot on the box by the bar code. I understand the green, blue, yellow sequence, but I have not read or heard of anything about a SILVER dot... Anyone have any idea what this new dot indicates? Thanks.
--
Chad

Megapixle
Contributing MemberPosts: 562
Like?
Re: Silver dot on new 1DMKIII box
In reply to CAllenLV, Jul 8, 2009

It's been confirmed that the silver dot identifies a camera that came from the last batch of 1DIIIs made. This indicates the next production run will be the 1DIV.

-- hide signature --

mp

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jhal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?

Perhaps the camera had the latest AF/ERR99 fix so no need to send it back to Canon (?). Look in the battery chamber and let us know the production code please..

CAllenLV wrote:

I just received a new 1DMKIII, there is a yellow and SILVER dot on the box by the bar code. I understand the green, blue, yellow sequence, but I have not read or heard of anything about a SILVER dot... Anyone have any idea what this new dot indicates? Thanks.
--
Chad

jhal's gear list:jhal's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
Gordon S Walker
Senior MemberPosts: 2,730
Like?
Perhaps a dot thread is needed.
In reply to jhal, Jul 8, 2009

Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry, Blue Lorry.....

No blue dot then ?
--
It's an L of a life, this photography lark

http://www.freelancephotographic.net/

PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,973Gear list
Like?
Well...

...It could be very well be some prankster that just stuck that silver dot on the box to have a good laugh about it...

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)

CAllenLV
Like?
In reply to CAllenLV, Jul 9, 2009

Production date is WO913. If I decoded it correct my new body that I just purchased was made Sept 08... Hopefully the silver dot indicates it has all of the current recall work done before it was sold. Hopefully. On a side note this our 3rd 1DMKIII, these cameras really work very well when they are up to date.
--
Chad

Kingcat
Like?
In reply to CAllenLV, Jul 10, 2009

I just received my new 5D Mark II yesterday (7/8) from Amazon.com. It has the firmware 1.1 pre-installed. The box also has a Blue dot next to the bar code. Does this blue dot has a particular meaning?

Thanks

NickMJr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,752
Like?
In reply to Megapixle, Jul 10, 2009

Megapixle wrote:

It's been confirmed that the silver dot identifies a camera that came from the last batch of 1DIIIs made. This indicates the next production run will be the 1DIV.

Canon may still have a few more colors to use before the 1D IV is announced, I don't believe Purple and Orange has been used yet.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads