Canon i960 won't print

Started Feb 19, 2006 | Discussions
John Leb
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Canon i960 won't print
Feb 19, 2006

I let my i960 run out of black ink, I guess maybe too long. I replaced the cartridge and it stopped printing black. I tried doing many cleaning cycles. This didn't help. I even did 3 deep cleaning cycles. No print at all. I took out the print head and blow compressed air into all 6 of the intakes. Now I get absolutely no ink coming out of any of the print heads at all, even after doing many deep cleaning cycles. I even tried running hot water through the print head 1/8" inlets. I get absolutely no ink to flow out of the print heads. Its like the cleaning cycles do nothing at all. Anyone have a clue what's going on? Now I get no color or black and white printing at all.

MowermanEd
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: Canon i960 won't print
In reply to John Leb, Feb 19, 2006

You may have burnt up the head by doing too many deep cleanings.

If it were mine I'd mix up some Windex and warm water and let it soak for a couple of days. Then run warm water through it and blow out with compressed air. Then let it dry overnight and put all new inkcarts in and try again. If it didn't work then I'd look to e-bay for a new head.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Darrin Behm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,510
Like?
In reply to John Leb, Feb 19, 2006

I bought a Epson R1800 so my i960 is for just everyday printing off the net stuff now. My Magenta went bad and my black emptied on me and the same thing happened. I got out my eclipse fluid for cleaning my sensor and dropped a bunch on the print head drying it off gently on pec pads. I then turned the head over and added eclipse fluid to the sponges until it flowed through the head. Dried it out on some more pec pads and ran some new carts (3rd party of course) and did a few cleaning cycles. Printed a few web pages to get all ink in the head and then tried some prints. Worked just fine and is still going.

But since I don't use the i960 for prints I didn't mind trying to fix it that way....

Darrin

-- hide signature --

'It must be the shoes!'

John Leb
Like?
In reply to MowermanEd, Feb 19, 2006

Thanks for your reply. I shot windex through the openings with a syringe from both the top and bottom of the printhead. Then I did the same with clean water for about 10 minutes. I shook out as much water as I could and then used a hair dryer to dry the printhead. I then reinstalled the printhead and put back the inks. I did 3 cleaning cycles and all of my colors now work again.

John Leb
Like?
In reply to Darrin Behm, Feb 19, 2006

Thanks for your reply. I cleaned the print head using Windex and a syringe. I tried that yesterday without a syringe and it didn't work, but today it worked using the syringe to shoot the windex in.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads