Why am i still seeing alot of DULL pics from d70s'.

Started Aug 8, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve
Senior MemberPosts: 2,330Gear list
Like?
Why am i still seeing alot of DULL pics from d70s'.
Aug 8, 2004

I see people posting 'galleries' of vibrantly clear and colourful prints that look right out a point and shoot... and then i see galleries of low contrast, dull pics that look like they were taken in a fog ?. Tell me people, are you postprocessing alot to get those good pics... Most of my pics are OK but i do enhance some settings in the cameras.. but basically OK.

I have a FEELING that with the D70, if the pics are not in a nice bright sunshine situation, the pics take on this dullness. I have noted that many of these dull pics may be a little bit in the shade.. (of course that might contribute to the dullness). I know there have been countless threads of DULL NIKon pics (I started some of them when i was looking to buy), and i'm just wondering if most nikon shooters are quietly mumbling about this just post processing when noone is watching.here is one is took in shade.. it IS dull (disregard all othere aspects.. i was playing with settings and forgot to check Speed and Aperature).

if the picture doesn't show here, just remove the '.jpg' and stick it in your browser. I dont think i can link directly to it as there is an ID, not a jpg ?

steve

Steve's gear list:Steve's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow