Post your favorite Manipulated photos! :)

Started Jun 17, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigMike
Forum ProPosts: 12,506
Like?
Post your favorite Manipulated photos! :)
Jun 17, 2004

While there is often debates going on about manipulating photos, one thing stands true, photo-art is fun! Manipulating photos can create works that are not possible any other way sometimes. I enjoy both styles of photography - keeping it real, and creating something new and/or different. With the abilities of today graphic editors, there is no end to the amount of creativity one has, mostly limited by ones own skill level and talents. I am no graphics artist, but I do have fun playing around with manipulation for my own enjoyment, and I'm sure many of you folks do also. So lets post some shots where we have created something new, or improved a photo by manipulating it's content. Here is my offering, to show an example of this.

This is an old steam engine that is on display here in my home town. The sky was cloudy, and washed out. So for fun, here's what I did:

First, here is the original shot, with the wash-out sky

Using PhotoImpact, I used the magicwand to select the sky, and cut it out. Then using an effect utility in PhotoImpact called "Xenofex fluffy clouds producer" I created a blue sky with clouds, and inserted it into the cutout blown sky, as seen here:

Then last, I converted the photo into black and white:

Instead of dumping the shot because of the sky, I created something that ended up looking great on print. If this shot would of been for commercial use, or for somebody elses use, I would of combined multple exposures, bracketed the shot, or would of waited for a better sky. But for myself, I will have fun with it!

So, lets see your creations! If you don't have the original shots, that's no problem, just post the manipulated photo. If you do, please share so were can see the before and after! Thanks...

-- hide signature --

Once in a while, please check back several pages in the forum, for posts that may have been overlooked. Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow