Started Jun 16, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigMike
Forum ProPosts: 12,506
Like?
Post your night shots, part 2.
Jun 16, 2004

The first part of our night shots thread has filled to capacity, and there were still post coming in, so thought I would start a second part for those that have might have night shots yet to post. Here is the text from the original thread:

Let's switch to a different technic, that of taking night time photos. I am really new to this artform, and quickly finding out that it has it's own quirks to deal with, and some can be quite difficult, such as starburst and halo effects when there are a lot of lights in the shot to deal with, and even getting a good focus lock can be difficult at times. When you do get good shots, they can be quite beautiful. Tripods are the name of the game with night shots, but I have seen people post some great handheld shots. Anyway, here is one of my first attempts at night shots, to kick things off. This one I converted to black and white, just because the colors were not interesting, and this made it look a little better. As always, Rebel shots are great, but all shots accepted. And if you have tips or advice for taking better night shots, please add them, as they will be helpful for everybody. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Once in a while, please check back several pages in the forum, for posts that may have been overlooked. Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow