1D MkII in stock on LI

Started Jun 1, 2004 | Discussions thread
Esquire910
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
When it rains, it pours!
In reply to Alex Montes de Oca, Jun 2, 2004

After seeing the original post on Robgalbraith last night, I called Berger Bros/ at 9:10am this morning and bought a MKII from them. (I got the impression that was the only one they had available.)

Then, lo and behold, this afternoon I get an email from Amazon saying that they shipped one to me today. That was very surprising, because I placed a backup order with Amazon only around a week ago, thinking that it would be a long time before they would be able to deliver, but that it might be worthwhile to get on their waiting list. (My regular dealer has yet to receive the first one.)

So, it looks like I will receive two MKIIs tomorrow, but I only want to keep one. I'm going to try to refuse the Amazon shipment.

So, this is a warning -- which may be good news or bad news, depending on your situation. If you placed a back up order with Amazon, you may find a MKII coming your way sooner than you expected.

At this point, it looks like it may be better not to be on more than one waiting list.

Alex Montes de Oca wrote:
Don, thanks for the heads up.

Just called and talked to Lisa. They just sold out, but will take
deposits for the next round of shipments.
Alex.

Don Paluh wrote:

Hi all. My regular camera store in Amityville LI has MKIIs in
stock. They are a reputable, authorized Canon dealer. Their website
is http://www.berger-bros.com/ and their phone number is:
800-262-4160
--
don paluh, nyc/buffalo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow