Do we need a new word?

Started May 25, 2004 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 360
Do we need a new word?
May 25, 2004

Do we need a new word for an unsharpened, unedited, un-resized 100% crop? Many people seem to be confused when asked for this type of sample. I propose we invent a new word to be entered into the digital photographer's lexicon and spread it across the web.

My nomination:

Swatch: (noun) 1. An unsharpened, unedited, unprocessed, un-resized 100% crop of a digital photograph that has been unaltered in any way except by the JPEG compression algorithm.

Other suggestions:

Delemex (digital-elementary-example) as in "Please post a delemex of the 300D with Sigma 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO Super Macro II at 300mm wide-open."

Pridigisap (primitive-digital-sample) as in "They posted a Pridigisap of the kit lens at ISO 200 in the D70 forum and I was not impressed".

Wunhunpercropunpop (self-explanatory but a bit long).

Why not post your own suggestions? Then we could vote and impose our new word on the unsuspecting masses!

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow