ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron Mahler
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
G2 Gallery - France (Wedding/Honeymoon)
May 22, 2004

Hello!

I thought I'd share a selection of my favorite images from my wedding and honeymoon in France last fall. There are two pages of images here with some captions on the enlarged shots. I'm fairly proud of most of these (including the trite ones).

I took around 4,000 photos during the trip (just over two weeks). I selected just under 400 that I am particulary fond of and put just over 100 of them here to share.

I've been doing some matte and glossy 8.5" x 11" prints recently on a Canon i960 and am very pleased with the output.

http://sparhawk.sbc.edu/dp-france

These images were shot on my G2 (I now have a G5) and are unretouched. I always have a lensmate on the camera with a UV filter. Many of the outdoor shots were taken with a circular polarizer. Lower light shots using a flash were taken with my 420ex mounted on the hotshoe.

I carry an Apple Powerbook G4 (Titanium) with me most of the time. I catalogued shots in iView Pro a couple of times per day during the trip and cannot say enough how much I like this configuration. The software is dynamite. I did frequent CD backups during the trip and sent home copies of everything up until the honeymoon with family members for added safety.

Any feedback and critiques are appreciated.

Today I started experimenting with a Kirk Macro Flash Bracket and a Canon ST-E2 mounted on my G5 so I could use my 420ex more flexibly for macro and studio-type use. I'll post a gallery of those examples soon if others are interested.

Thanks!

• Aaron

-- hide signature --

Linux - Because rebooting is for adding hardware.
Aaron's MAME'd Millipede - http://sparhawk.sbc.edu/MAME

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow