Started May 18, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
krayers
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Should I buy 70-200 L f/4?????
May 18, 2004

I'm a 2 month owner of a 300D & my only current lens is the kit lens. I've been pretty disappointed with the sharpness and quality of this lens & also need something with more reach. I've been searching these forums for weeks & just seem to get more confused. I need something for outdoor candid shots of children, softball and outdoor rodeo arenas. I realize that the 70-200 2.8 would better meet my needs, but the 70-200 L f/4 is the maximum that I can justify spending. I've researched 75-300, & some of the longer reaching non L lenses, but the samples and review have all been somewhat negative regarding sharpness & quality. I was considering the 70-200 L f/4 & later when I can afford it, adding the 50 1.8 for indoor low light photos & an extender for the 70-200. Is this a good solution for a newcomer on a somewhat limited budget, or is it overkill for someone relatively new to digital photography, but wanting very much to learn more? Any advice would be appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
oopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow