Started Mar 28, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard N. Allen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,001
Like?
*1stD image quality
Mar 28, 2004

I finally purchased a 1stD. It's very easy to use, and it's great to look through a bright optical TTL viewfinder again. But the 1stD images, using autofocus, are not sharp. While the colors and brightness are perfect, the focus is soft. I'd like to hope I don't have a bad example. Do any you have a recommendation? What sharpness, saturation and contrast settings are recommended? Presently they are in the default positions, with sensitivity set at iso 200. I've varied the focusing and metering. I'm using SMC Pentax FAJ 18-35mm, F 35-70mm and F 50mm (f/1.7) and A 70-210mm lenses. Regardless of which lens I use, image quality is not up to the standards I've come to expect from digital cameras. I must tell you I've been using digital cameras since the late 1990's, owning several (including the Sony DSC-F828, F717, and V1).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. But please don't respond if you're only doing so to see your name in print.

Richard
http://www.pbase.com/richarda/galleries

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow