ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Epix_de
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Hint for using the arrows on *ist D
Mar 22, 2004

Hi fellow *ist D users!

I have been using my *ist D now for about two weeks, and want to comment on the complaint with the arrow handling that has come up several times.

First, I was using the arrow pad by pressing on the arrows perpendicular to the backside of the camera. That lead to several accidental "OK" presses instead of movements. Bad.

So I played around a bit (also with gloves, since I am sitting here in the arctic at -20°C some days - no problem for the camera, by the way) and came to a different way of thinking on how to use the arrow pad:

Instead of pressing on the arrows, I keep my finger quite tightly on the "OK" position and move it in the direction of the arrows. Just don't think of having five different buttons in a "cross" position, which you can press seperately, but think of a joystick or a trackball which you can move and push down. The feeling is then very similar to the pin which is found in some notebooks from IBM, Thoshiba or Siemens Nixdorf. Another comparison: Think "mouse wheel" which also includes a button if you press it down.

Maybe this helps some of you!

Best wishes from Svalbard at 79° N,
Jens, probably owner of the northernmost *ist D

Epix_de's gear list:Epix_de's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow