Started Mar 12, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DMahoney
Regular MemberPosts: 333
Like?
What's a good way to keep organized?
Mar 12, 2004

What do you guys use to keep yourself organized as far as your picture collection is concerned? Any specific directory layout, or programs that could be recommended? Currently, I have things organized by directories, Nature, People, Places, etc, with many directories underneath. Some pictures cross multiple categories making it hard to find things sometimes. It was fine when I only had a couple hundred pics, but now that I have thousands, and many gigs worth, I find it harder and harder to keep organized so I can find things. I have .RAWs, .jpgs, .jpgs of the .RAWs, edited versions of the pics sometimes, just a real big mess! What about file naming? Sometimes I name each one, sometimes I just leave the default crw* filenames... and usually use the built-in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and windows thumbnail preview to browse through my pics. It's feeling a bit cumbersome though, so I thought I would ask about better ideas!

Thanks!

Don

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow