Started Mar 4, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CMalsingh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,557
Like?
Catalog & Archive recommendations
Mar 4, 2004

Having searched this forum, I've found differing recommendations for these two activities. Can you advise on how you find it best to carry them out?

CATALOGING - I've seem many recomendations for Imatch, as well as PS Album & numerous other ones.

ARCHIVING - The package that gets the clearest recommendation seems to be PictureFlow.

It strikes me that a good package might be able to do both (so have you found Imatch or PS Album good at archiving to CD or DVD then allowing easy retreival?).

I also wondered if it would make sense to catalog my images first, then archive them (eg. using both of the above packagaes).

Finally, I guess that Hard Disk space must run out eventually (especially if I continue using RAW) so it will make sense to move some files of the PC and onto CD or DVD. Can these packages cope with indexing something that is now "offline"?

Thanks in advance - for anyone who's wrestled with this, I'd appreciate your experiences.

-- hide signature --

Colin Malsingh
-------------------
http://www.pbase.com/cmalsingh

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow