Started Feb 24, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnnyT
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
MAC vs PC (again...)
Feb 24, 2004

First of all - sorry for this often asked question. I have been reading the MAC ibook/PC laptop discussion and I see an awful lot of general support for MAC vs. PC. Personally I would love to justify the extra money for a MAC - I think that the OS is much more preferable to W XP, but I can't get past the fact, that beatiful as they are, MACs are overpriced. I am currently in the market for a new machine for use with Photoshop. I would love to buy a MAC but I find that the cost/performance ratio is just to high.

I have a choice whether to spend £1400 for a G4 Power MAC with 256MB RAM, 4xAGP (32MB VRAM), 80 GB disk, 17" LCD screen,

or I can build a Shuttle PC P4, 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 8xAGP (256MB VRAM), 120GB disk with 17" LCD screen for about £1200. Am I missing something?

If you like you can argue with the price for the PC. However, I have shopped around for the components and I can do it for that price. If anybody can persuade me to the MAC route and/or suggest a discounted MAC outlet (do they exist?) then I'm all ears.....

JohnnyT.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Amy!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow