Started Feb 12, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob LaPlaca
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Canon's Success Going to Its Head
Feb 12, 2004

I have been surprised by the digital camera announcements made the past few days at PMA by Canon and other manufacturers. In 2003 we had Canon startle the marketplace with the low priced and excellent 10D and 300D cameras. Now we have the 1D Mark II which appears to be an outstanding camera but at a quite high pricepoint (seems overpriced by at least $500 to $700).

With the Kodak Professional DCS Pro SLR/n announced today, now the Canon 1Ds seems way overpriced. And (off topic, I know) with cameras like the Konica Minolta DiMage A2, with its 8 megapixel sensor and 3D predictive autofocus and antishake function, and the Olympus C-8080 wide zoom 8 megapixel camera, the Canon PRO 1 camera seems passe (would be a greater value with a sub-$1000 pricepoint).

I'm a great Canon fan -- I guess I expected more pleasant surprises at PMA like we got in 2002 and 2003.

Canon needs to reassert its leadership in the marketplace and not take us for granted.

Bob

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow