Started Jan 26, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lens Cap
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Canon Rearview Mirror
Jan 26, 2004

Well, you'll never believe this. Canon must be in the automive industry now, or some other lens manufacturer. On my way back from lunch today I looked in the rearview mirror of my Trailblazer and lo and behold, there was noticable CA & purple fringing. Notably, where the black defrosting paint meets the clear glass all across the bottom I noticed it. To be certain I turned around to have a look with the naked eye, and it was gone. I've got a photo of it, but you have to believe me that it looks the same with the naked eye (read- it looks like this even without the camera).

My question is this, has anybody else had this problem with the kit mirror? When you pay this much for a vehicle you expect it to be free of C/A. Would it help if I had Onstar. Also does anybody else make a rearview mirror in a Chevy mount that wouldn't have this problem. Should I just return it to Chevy and get the Taho instead? I just want to know if I got a lemon or what. I'm probably expecting too much from the kit mirror.

http://www.pbase.com/image/25491265

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow