Canon Rearview Mirror

Started Jan 26, 2004 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Lens Cap
Lens Cap Junior Member • Posts: 32
Canon Rearview Mirror

Well, you'll never believe this. Canon must be in the automive industry now, or some other lens manufacturer. On my way back from lunch today I looked in the rearview mirror of my Trailblazer and lo and behold, there was noticable CA & purple fringing. Notably, where the black defrosting paint meets the clear glass all across the bottom I noticed it. To be certain I turned around to have a look with the naked eye, and it was gone. I've got a photo of it, but you have to believe me that it looks the same with the naked eye (read- it looks like this even without the camera).

My question is this, has anybody else had this problem with the kit mirror? When you pay this much for a vehicle you expect it to be free of C/A. Would it help if I had Onstar. Also does anybody else make a rearview mirror in a Chevy mount that wouldn't have this problem. Should I just return it to Chevy and get the Taho instead? I just want to know if I got a lemon or what. I'm probably expecting too much from the kit mirror.

http://www.pbase.com/image/25491265

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow