Started Jan 24, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheKoala
Senior MemberPosts: 1,186
Like?
My 828 Duck (image)
Jan 24, 2004

Well my 828 arrived yesterday and by pure coincidence the first place I took it to was the river and there were ducks everywhere!! Honest I didn't go looking for them........

The conditions I took the photos in were photographic no no's. Shooting directly into the sun with the water glaring blindingly at me.

Why did I take photos like this cos I knew I never would with the 717? I guess I really wanted to see what the worst the 828 could throw at me straight up ..... well I can tell you it handled the whole scenario way better than my 717 ever would have. Out of the total glare, the white ducks, the dark coloured ducks all came out clear and crisp. The water glare turned into sparkles instead just being way overexposed. I got a few tell tale purple fringes on a couple of water sparkles (and Im only talking one or two on a couple of the photos) which could be easily removed. Better that and have a usable photo than one totally glared out.

From the moment the 828 was announced, I was determined to buy the camera and try it out myself so the forum debate had little impact on me apart from making me aware of issues I may experience. One day in and I'm glad I made this decision to buy, as I think the 828 is going to be a very good learning tool for me and I am excited by the challenge it offers.

Here is just one sample of a duck. I thought the colours were great and the photo nicely sharp especially as a hand held zoomed in shot. Remember I was shooting into the sun with this so the detail to me was very impressive especially since I hadn't used the camera before

Be gentle with me hehehe

Cheers Ko

-- hide signature --

My aim is to live forever.....so far so good.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow