Started Dec 20, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simon-Ph
Senior MemberPosts: 1,817
Like?
Here Samples of STE2, 550ex, & 420ex in action
Dec 20, 2003

Lately, many members have been inquiring about 550ex and 420ex or some similar combos. Here are 2 samples of why I use them. 1st of all, I don't shoot alot in a studio setting. I prefer outdoors portraits. But certain circumstances forces me to shoot indoors. That is why I feel the 550ex and 420ex are valuable to me. I can use the same flashes in the studio, outdoors fill flash, or slap them on flash brackets for events and weddings. E-TTL with FEL techniques allows me to get a good exposures without the need of a flash meter.

I will admit that these photos may not be up to the pros' standards. But that is because of my lack of ability. The flash however, does a good job and have plenty of power (lacks in the recycling speed). I do not have alot of experience, therefore some critiques will be very welcomed also.

Technicalities:

1st photo - STE2 on camera, 550ex w/medium softbox as main, 420ex w/45" umbrella as fill.

2nd photo - STE2 on camera, 550ex w/Lumiquest Softbox as fill flash.

-- hide signature --

Simon-Ph

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow