Started Dec 10, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,415Gear list
Like?
G5 Quandry
Dec 10, 2003

Hi Folks, well the search engine isn't working so I was hoping you guys could help on some G5 related questions and queries as we're considering this camera for These reasons..

1:- it takes 10D batteries - 2:- it takes my 220EX and 550EX flashes 3:- Future use with Capture one and FVU now for RAW conversion 4:- best resolution of all thr 5MP Digicams 5:- faaaast lens 6:- seems clean at ISO50 even if it isn't anywhere else..

But there are of course the issues I've been reading about such as CA / Blooming probs (does the G3 suffer the same?) and is is worse than say a Sony V1 or Olympus 5000 series (which are really bad) - what is the AF like?, the S30 I had was useless indoors with any zoom at all (is the G3 the same as the G5 in this respect) and how powerful is the onboard flash as they're always handy to use, the S30 and A300 ones are very weak indeed , DC-Review reported that the lens caused a shadow - Eh?? sounds weird..

Would any G5 owners out there wish they'd got a G3 instead? as that is another option ..

Thanks (fellow Canonite and Ex-S30 owner)

-- hide signature --

Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow