Started Dec 9, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Conte
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Giving up on S9000 ?
Dec 9, 2003

I've had my S9000 for a little over a year. It's my first photo printer so it was a learning experience. Lots of time, ink and paper. I tried Profile Prism and that wasted my time the most. I was better off making adjustments by eye. To be fair to PP, I think the S9000 is a known PP issue. My biggest problem is the lack of high quality Canon papers other than PPP. I rarely, if ever want glossy photographs. I much prefer Epsons papers and have wasted much time and money trying to adjust for it. I like the Enhanced Matte and ColorLife Semi and would like to try more like the Watercolor but don't want to waste more time and money making adjustments. I figure I may as well just get the Epson 2200 and be done with it. At least the default settings for those papers should be fairly close- I hope. I will miss the speed of the S9000 but that's about all. At least from what I've read here. I'm not sure if I'll sell it since it won't fetch more than $150. They are down to $250 new! Does anyone else feel the same? Am I crazy for switching?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow