Started Dec 1, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Williams
Forum ProPosts: 24,446Gear list
Like?
tears of sadness & joy
Dec 1, 2003

as many of you know, i spent several months after my mom passed away in february sorting through, scanning, editing and cataloging over 15,000 family photos going back over 100 years. it was quite a project. i ended up with over 1500 final images, the best of the best . in addition, i used a program called microsoft photostory to create slide shows set to music. i made over 22 different slide shows, all different themes (pretty woman, studs, halloween, fishing, drive my car, sports, graduations, weddings, birthdays, christmas, much more). i then put the slide shows on a dvd so that the computer challenged in my family could enjoy them as well. i combined that dvd with a data cd of the 1500 images and packaged it all up in a dvd case, with a photo montage for the cover - and then handed each member of the family (30 of them!) a copy at thanksgiving this year.

the response was overwhelming. there wasn't a dry eye in the house after i played the first slideshow, all about our mom. the music for this story featured the four tops' "climb every mountain" and josh groban's "to where you are" which are incredibly moving. after everyone composed themselves, things picked up a bit as the more fun shows came on. needless to say, it gave me a very good feeling that the hard work (over 400 hours on this project) paid off. i've been getting phone calls from everyone in the family ("where did you get that picture!!??* heh heh...

oh - i also have all the photos online at smugmug - usually they are in private galleries but for the time being, while my galleries are being featured on the smugmug homepage, they are open to view if you are curious: http://williams.smugmug.com/Family/1697

and here's one photo of some of the family enjoying the show last thursday:

-- hide signature --
 Andy Williams's gear list:Andy Williams's gear list
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Wow!New
ack!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow