ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veeco5150
Regular MemberPosts: 348
Like?
basic skin color correction help
Nov 12, 2003

Hello,

I am a pretty advance user of photoshop 7.0 and am quite proficcient at all of the tools. I have used the program for years on most of my photographs, which are mostly of landscapes and such or artistic endeavors.

I have recently started doing digital touch up and color correction for wedding photographs and am finding that it is realatively new waters that I am in, as far as adjusting for skin tones. I think I have a pretty good eye for a good skin tone, but I am easily swayed.

When looking at an image, I can tell if it is too greem or pink and such, but when I go to take the slightest green out, I see the magenta go in and I think it looks too magenta. When I take a bit of blue out, I see the yellow go in and it looks too blue.

It also happens with the wedding dress. In the shade the dress takes on a blueish cast, but when I take the blue out, I get too much yellow it seems. I use the white point picker when I can but oftentimes, the images just gets way too contrasty or blown out.

Can you recommend a basic tutorial or give me some advice on how to assess a proper skin tone and adjust for it?

I also usually use the individual rgb curves or level channels to adjust since I do not want to go into color balance and have to adjust each highlight, shadow, and midtone seperatly.
Thanks for the help.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow