Started Nov 1, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elefteriadis alexandros
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Fix focus with 15mm sigma......
Nov 1, 2003

I have sigma 15mm for my 10d,well..First all the fisheye lens because of the very deep depth of field comfuse al the AF sensor in all the AF camera and THAT IS NOT SOMTHING NEW.If you focus in the same distance the same object you see the lens loking in differend posision every time.So you think what hapen here?? If you take a look in the DOF (depth of field) for 2,8 scale on other fisheye lens like sigma (sigma no have DOF for 2,8 and thats a same)you see the lens have- even so wide open- deep DOF.That meen the AF can't lock corectly because they look all the picture clean and depend on the focus system (like 10d) to focus in the start (phase detect AF) or end of DOF.Tray to focus also manual and you understant what i say.So the best way is to use the DOF scale on your lens and forget the AF capability of every AF camera with fisheye lens.If you watch the manual ring in the sigma have very good feel and that is something meen....(today if one lens no have AF capability is out of order-so its jast marketing)......

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow