Started Oct 31, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chibimike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090
Like?
Sigma 15mm fisheye focus
Oct 31, 2003

Well, here is another followup on my front focus Sigma 15mm fisheye.

I was having severe front focus, sent the lens in to Sigma, they pointed to the 10d. Checked some other lenses again and found I did have a front focus issue. Took my 10d and all Canon lenses to Irvine. Picked them up 2 days ago.

But, my sigma lens somehow got sent to a dealer in Atlanta, GA instead of to me in Los Angeles. Sigma sent me a new one to replace the lost lens. So I cannot provide any info on whether the severe front focus was the result of the lens or camera.

Put the new 15mm on my 10d and started testing at 2.8. Got spotty results. Many front focused, several dead on. I then noticed that if I focus on a spot and lock, then let up and relock, often the lens does move. Sometimes I can do this up to four times in a row and still get some adjustment.

What I have found is that if I do this until it stops moving (usually 2 times, sometimes up to 4 times), I get either dead on, or very slightly front focused. I have read about having to do this with the Canon 50/1.8, looks like I need to this with the 15mm FE as well.

Has anyone else experienced this???

mike

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow