Started Oct 19, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nowave
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Next Oly prosumer DSLR? E-30 maybe?
Oct 19, 2003

I'd just like to post a question to see what kind of reaction people would have if Olympus came out with a new camera that is just an incremental improvement on the E-10/20 design.

I would REALLY REALLY like to see a camera exactly like the E-20, but with a larger buffer and faster write times. I can't see that it would really take THAT much of an investment from Oly to do this. These cameras seem to have a really strong following - and they could potentially lower the cost to something around $999 since they are not paying for initial R&D costs on the camera any more.

This could catch a little of the 300D thunder for people that want that DSLR feel but tend to just buy one good zoom lens and never really change it out (which I'm sure is a LOT of buyers). This way they could get a nice zoom lens of really NICE glass for the cost of a 300D. I've not felt the 300D, but from what I understand, build quality is also generally better on the E-xx series.

It would be great if Oly could lower the noise, too - but that may be more effort and raise the price unnecessarily. I would personally be OK with the existing noise levels if the camera was priced low enough and the write speed issues were fixed.

What do others think? I love my E-10 and don't have a burning desire to replace it any time soon. If Oly came out with the E-30 (or E-25) that I described tomorrow, though - I might think twice about that. (Anyone at Oly listening???)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow