Started Oct 8, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil Warner
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Praise, praise, praise
Oct 8, 2003

I've got a Canon G3 (my first proper camera) and have been looking at the galleries here for inspiration, hoping I might learn something (and I sometimes have). What really frustrates me though, is that very few people here seems to offer any real criticism.

I'm not talking about flaming newbies, but when somebody puts up rubbish for review, why tell them it's good? How are the beginners (like myself, I hasten to add) supposed to learn when people just say things like, "Good cropping and great focus" on uninspiring and badly exposed shots? Fair enough - offer the praise if it's true, but at least give we beginners something to work on too.

Even with my inexperience, I can spot problems with images on here that people rave about, but I don't feel like I can post these views up - it doesn't seem to be the 'done thing.' I know that when I get around to posting some pictures up, I'd like people to point me in the right direction. What's people's opinion on this?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow