Started Oct 1, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wapper
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
S230 and focus, once more
Oct 1, 2003

I was a S200 owner for a year and recently upgraded to S230 because the inability to focus in low light really pi* ed me off. I was pleasantly surprised how fast did S230 draw his green rectangles just where I wanted focus to be. However, after close inspection, half of my indoor pictures are far* out of focus! Examples: simple portrait from 5 feet with full zoom and flash, 1 green rectangle on the face, but focus is on the wall behind her back! Or: full wide from 3 feet w/flash, focus on the corner of the wall, cat comes out from behind the corner, click - cat is fuzzy as the focus was in infinity! Damn. In addition, when the thing gets fooled with the focus, it also appears to fool the flash into blowing out everything which is close.

With S200 I used to swear and try to focus again ang again, then manually locked the focus and had my pictures taken. With S230, I always get the picture but it may by totally fogged and I just dont know about it. Its a pity because otherwise I love the camera, even despite a little more noise it produces in images.

I haven't yet tried disabling AIAF, but since it didn't much help with S200, I suspect it will not in this case too.

Yeah, one more thing: did anyone succeed in having the camera connected via Twain? No luck with me. S200 did work. And, how can I make this lousy ZoomBrowser 4 rotate my images while reading from camera, replacing original (unrotated) ones? The appropriate choice in Options doesn't work, it still leaves originals behind, and adds r1 to the rotated version.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow