Sexist Forum?

Started Nov 15, 2000 | Discussions thread
Ger Bee
Forum ProPosts: 11,470
Like?
Re: Sexist Forum?
In reply to Sal Giambruno, Nov 18, 2000

Is this Sal feminine?

Most men think women as somewhat stupid and credit men with more intelligence.

Men absolutely hate a stupid man but will tolerate and even elaborately support a 'stupid' woman. Furthermore a man will actively think another man as stupid and will ignore or even killfile the individual, but that same man will rarely actively tag any woman the same (consciously) but will freely offer support and guidance which is usually more accurate and complete than a similar conversation with another (equal) male, where monosyllable discussions (between males) drive most women nuts.

I get most of my information by sending my wife into stores to ‘sound out’ the sales people; she usually comes out speaking quadruple Chinese. Thus armed I can then attack the same sale staff and extrapolate intelligent information to whit my wife ALWAYS replies ‘Why didn’t he (nearly always a he) say that to ME?’

All that said it can be taken with a pinch of salt as most Usenet users expect pseudonyms anyway it can’t be taken that a feminine name is anything such. My first ventures into Usenet were always under a feminine name.

Sal Giambruno wrote:

I believe I am noticing a sexist trend in this NG. To wit, when a
female (or someone with a feminine pen) posts a message,
interesting or not, she ends up with a flood of replies, most of
which are overly elaborate. On the other hand, when a male posts,
unless the question is of great interest, it goes largely
unnoticed. Is this a "Damsel in Distress" syndrome, or are my
observations without merit?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow