Biu wrote:

Jose,
Every time there is a new digital camera comes out, I have a hard
time controlling that buying desire. However, every time when I
get my slides back from photo finishing and look at them on the
light table, it cools me down for a good week. There is just no
subsitute for that wide range of colour and dynamic range in
digital.

Totally agree. When Bob showed me his tennis pics taken with 10D + 100-400 IS L, I said to myself, man I want one of those. However, David pointed out that I really didn't do a bad job at all with my tennis pics, as a matter of fact, he liked the 'look' of film better than digital. I tend to agree, the film has more 'depth' in it vs. digital.

I am a sucker for good glass too. I'm contemplating on getting a Maxxum 300/4. Digital Nick had a great review on it in Popphoto.

I still want a DSLR. (In fact, my work heavily relies on high tech
digital imaging technology.) Just that I don't mind to wait for
another year or so for a camera that really stands out. (Right
now, the only good one I see is the 1Ds, but it just not worth the
price for personal use.)

Same here, I will continue to shoot with both. Actually, I prefer the 1D or the upcoming D2H to the 1Ds. My main purpose for getting a DSLR is for sports photography. However, I am just a hobbyist like yourself so unless I get a huge windfall, I will just wait for the Minolta DSLR to arrive.

I am now shooting a roll of slide a week as my medicine for the
digital bug.

What kind of slide films do you use Biu? What kind of photography do you like to engage in? My favourite for landscapes is E100VS. I want to try the E100G/GX but it is still not available in Canada.

Best regards,

José

-- hide signature --

Come and visit me at:
http://www.pbase.com/jmb_56

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow