Barry Pearson's K-1

Started Apr 29, 2016 | Discussions thread
Barry Pearson
OP Barry Pearson Veteran Member • Posts: 8,723
Photos using articulated LCD & 28-105mm lens

I wanted some low-level photos of airplanes on display. So I (unusually for me) used Live View and the articulated LCD.

I could not easily have taken these without some sort of articulated LCD; they were all taken from nearly ground level. While just a simple pivoted LCD would have worked, the K-1's special articulated LCD was better. I could get the camera angle I wanted, while positioning the screen for my own best view given the lighting conditions.

I now carry the D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-f/5.6 everywhere I go with the K-1. It is small, light, has very good image quality, and complements the long lenses (70-20mm and 150-450mm), and the wide lens (15-30mm), very well. All of these photos were taken with that lens. The originals show incredible detail.

I've switched on Focus Peaking, but for all of these I used centre-spot focusing in Live View. I got consistently good focusing with all the photos I took this way; these are just a few. I used the alignment indicators to help me get things (reasonably) straight in spite of the use of a strange camera position.

Crude Lightroom editing; no Photoshop.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Ricoh WG-6 Panasonic LX100 Ricoh GR III Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 II +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
DBE
DBE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow