Paypal Question

Started Apr 26, 2016 | Wanted thread
rlyons
rlyons Senior Member • Posts: 2,279
Re: Paypal Question

kits wrote:

I recently sent as gift payment to seller here and I got toast as that seller was scammer. Lost $825 as Paypal said they can't help me. I sent payment to Roger Campredon here for services and he refunded asking me to send as gift. I assumed since he gave me discount I will accommodate his request as he looked legitimate. Damn, I got scr*^#*

I decided to never pay as gift after learning it the hard way.

mdavidp wrote:

Is it true that if I buy something on this forum via PayPal and send money as a "Gift"

I am Not covered if the seller does not send the item?

That II have to pay for item as " goods and services"?

Thanks,

Mike P

Ouch.  Looks like you and Sneak Irwin dealt with the same person.

DPR needs to do more to help inform and protect those that use the forum for buying and selling. A user rating system, aging of accounts, phone number verification, and help pages would go along ways in verifying those that operate here but also informing people of how scams work and how to avoid them. Places like this just draw scum as people are often too trusting.

Perhaps there should be a "pinned" thread that discusses current scams or attempts on the DPR forums.

rlyons's gear list:rlyons's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow