Samyang/ Rokinon 50mm f1,2 (APSC) for SONY A7 works well in full frame mode???

Started Mar 6, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skalsa1 Contributing Member • Posts: 546
Samyang/ Rokinon 50mm f1,2 (APSC) for SONY A7 works well in full frame mode???

hi, i found that interesting review of new ASPC lens (Rokinon 50mm f1,2) on Sony A7 (in full frame mode):

This lens has become a specialty lens in our arsenal of lenses. I took it out of the box, set it to f1.2 and haven't touched the aperture since. It makes the most bokehlicious portraits when shot wide open. Yes, it can be really challenging at times to nail the focus (imho, focus magnification and focus peaking is a must). But the rewards that are possible with this lens far outweigh a few focusing challenges.

—•—•— UPDATE —•—•— I quickly began to have buyers remorse about this lens. For several reasons, I decided to make the full frame Sony A7ii my main rig and use my Sony A6000 as my secondary rig. Elite Brands (Samyangs USA distributor under the Rokinon brand) specifically told me that due to the compact design, the only way the 50mm f1.2 would work on the A7ii is by using the camera in crop mode.So, as painful as it was, I began considering selling the 50mm f1.2 and getting the the 50mm f1.4 that's made for full frame. Well guess what ...... It works just awesome on the a7ii. Yes, there is the very slightest amount of vignetting. But the vignetting only adds to the image. And what about the beautiful bokeh that I get on the Aps-c a6000? Let's just say when used on the full frame A7Ii, this lens goes from Bokehlicious to Bokehzilla. And yes, the lens is still "stuck " wide open

Anybody else use that lens and can it try on A7 full frame mode? thank yoU§

and sample pictures:

skalsa1's gear list:skalsa1's gear list
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Leica SL 50mm F1.4 Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ZTJ
ZTJ
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow