ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northern Exposure
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Dull D100 performance
Jul 29, 2003

Hi,

I just received a CD from a pro protographer who shoots with D100. I was to pick my favorites from a few hundred pics in JPG format.

At first I didn´t know which camera it was, but my first impression was that all the photos seemed underexposured and lacking in color saturation. I checked the EXIF information and found out the camera was a D100. The photos needed a lot of post processing. The photographer had used the programmed auto mode with matrix metering.

I currently own a Coolpix 5000 and it makes files that are quite suitable for my use, they are almost never overexposed because of the camera´s tendency to avoid that, and the file size is big enough to cover a full page of a tabloid which requires only 170 dpi.

I have been considering switching to D100 because I miss the shooting experience. I have been a Nikon SLR user for 2 decades, and the Coolpix is not too fast etc. I must say my desire to buy a D100 took a vast leap backwards when I saw the photos. I may have to wait for the D2h.

I know it would help to link one example photo, but the photos were not mine, so I guess that is impossible.

Nort
----
'We are not just fans, we are devotees.'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow