6s camera gets annihilated by 4 yr old 808 (at 8mp)

Started Dec 9, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,057
6s camera gets annihilated by 4 yr old 808 (at 8mp)

Since I got my 6s I've been very disappointed by the very high noise reduction in the 6s camera shots, even in bright light (like the Sony's of old) but thought it would be interesting to compare it to my old 808 (at 8mp), all the crops are at 100% with the 808 on the left and the 6s on the right.

the noise reduction just destroys detail (photos from the 6s have so much noise reduction, even in bright light) that detail is obliterated and photos have a waxy watercolor look).

In most of the shots the 808 actually used higher iso's not much but a bit, and yet it blows the 6s out of the water, REALLY hope that Apple sort of the camera processing algorithms in an update.

no detail in the hair at all

roots and stone in the 6s shot look waxy, like a watercolor pic

again the 808 shot just looks so much more natural with more detail in the stalks

even in bright light the 6s shot has unnatural edges to the leaves

shot of my leg, at 100% the 6s has no skin detail at all and hairs are also pretty destroyed

low light shot (no flash)

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR 808 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow