Anyone else is in love with his Oly 12-40 2.8?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eliehbk Contributing Member • Posts: 911
Anyone else is in love with his Oly 12-40 2.8?

I decided last week to part with my Oly 12mm and 45mm and as well the Panasonic 20mm markii and I got myself a 12-40mm because I was getting lazy changing lenses all the time.

At first it took me a while to get used to the weight after having used light primes, however with my EM5 markii and a custom grip it soon felt really balanced. My biggest surprise was the performance of the zoom compared to my previous three primes. The zoom is unbelievably sharp, sharper than any of the primes I had, not to mention the build quality that is way better than any of my primes, even the well built Oly 12mm. The only thing that the Oly 45mm excels over the zoom is bokeh.

You got to love Oly for making the pro line zooms, the 24-80 (in 35mm format) is the best one I've used even compared to my Canon and Nikon 24-70 zooms!!

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow