Photographic Catastrophe...Am I Alone?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
simon2001 Regular Member • Posts: 237
Photographic Catastrophe...Am I Alone?

I had one of the best photographic opportunities ever this afternoon...Sunbirds (similar to humming birds), lots, drinking nectar from beautiful wild flowers, against a distant green backdrop. Its what id been waiting for on my walks. And not just a few potential shots, they were there for several minutes.

I took over one hundred shots...I varied my shutter speed, tuned my aperture, and made sure focus was good at 500mm.

What I forgot in my excitement was to review my images properly. In fact I forgot that earlier that day I had experimented with exposure compensation and set it to +4...and left it there.

Every image was very over exposed and unfortunately i had not reviewed the ones so over exposed that I would have suspected something. I had seen high ISO, but that is sometimes possible in late afternoon...shouldn't have been that high, but I was excited at what I was seeing in my viewfinder.

This was one of my most stupid photographic episodes....what a waste...and how avoidable with a little checking. The image I have attached is one of the borderline survivors....which should have been awesome...but was instead so ordinary....

I was wondering, how many people have made similar blunders?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow