Film for 30 years, can digital work now?

Started Aug 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
John KM/linhof OP Regular Member • Posts: 131
Re: Film for 30 years, can digital work now?

John KM/linhof wrote:

A 4K TV is not what is needed - the image is to be projected onto a water color board.

4K projectors are too expensive for us. The next best thing is a "business" class LCD projector that has a resolution of 1080p. We plan on getting an Epson EX9200 PRO for $799. This projector's native mode is 1920 x 1200 which is more than 2M in pixel size. This Epson has been available only since last September and is not discounted yet.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

Update: I went to my local Best Buy, the projector was not in stock, although a dummy was on display, and they said they are not carrying the Epson EX9200 PRO any more, although they had 40 in their Orlando warehouse. Rather than order one I went to Staples and they had one in stock, and I bought it.

Good news, its works better than I expected. The image is bright and clear showing fine details needed to create a watercolor portrait. Images taken with an A850 and added to Photo on our MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina were used to test the projector. The MacBook was connected to the projector with a Staples HDMI cable.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

John KM/linhof's gear list:John KM/linhof's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
al.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow