7-14 PRO / Lee filter holder adapter commercialization project

Started Sep 16, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Enzojz Regular Member • Posts: 241
7-14 PRO / Lee filter holder adapter commercialization project

==Introduction==

As some of you have seen already, I have been testing an Lee 100m filter holder adapter for 7-14 PRO since late June. Here I am considering the commercialization project of this adapter.

The adapter has been tested by 4 beta testers around the world, the feedback is positive. During the same time, I have developed a filter rail or slot set to clear out the dark edges under the size constraint of the holder.

What we know about the adapter + rail

1. No dark edge at 7mm with filters inserted and without any rotation

2. No visible light leakage up to 10 stops reduction.

3. You can use 3 filters at the same time with the new filter rail

4. The strength of the adapter is good enough

5. It's very light.

6. It doesn't damage the lens body.

Limits:

1. The adapter permits little rotation(+/- 5 degree) for horizontal composition.

2. The 105mm CPL will cause vignette

3. Possible visible light leakage with 15+ stops' reduction, supplementary measure should be done to block these leakages. The problem is caused by the transparency of material used and not the design itself, so I can't improve it at the moment.

For information about 12-40 PRO and 40-150 PRO adapters:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56422596

==Project==

The following is my vision of the commercial project:

I will start a project on Kickstart the next week. The first batch will be at least 50 users. In fact I don't know how much people will be finally interested in it.

The product will be a kit including adapter and the rails, the price of each kit will be about 60€ including shipping. There will be options with adapter for 12-40 PRO and 40-150 PRO too.

Expect shipping from the end of November.

==Thanks==

J4Hug, g0wex, Globalwanderer for their improvement suggestions.

==Samples and Demos==

Video demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvvnDVj7VE

Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow