Inside a Tokyo camera store

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Re: Inside a Tokyo camera store
In reply to Guy Parsons, 2 months ago

Guy Parsons wrote:

Voyager03 wrote:

Someone up in the thread said Japanese market camera bodies only have Japanese language menus. He told me they do sell some bodies with 'export' software too - might be worth asking if you are there and interested anyway.

Panasonic and Sony seem to be the only ones to sell Japanese only cameras in Japan, the multi language versions cost more. Every other camera can be changed to language of choice, within reason, even if it starts up in Japanese.

Yes, I was specifically interested in the G7 (and they had the 'export' model at that time) but I decided against - I was not entirely sure of the price in the UK or what the bank would end up taking for the privilege of using their card abroad! (Not much as it turned out)

Voyager03's gear list:Voyager03's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow