How do I keep the Maxxum 5400 flash awake?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Contributing MemberPosts: 706Gear list
Re: How do I keep the Maxxum 5400 flash awake?
In reply to AD1, 3 months ago

Thank you for this suggestion! I can confirm that on the Minolta Maxxum 5400xi, the way to keep the flash from going to sleep quickly is to put it in wireless mode. You can then change the mode to Manual and adjust the power. You may have to hold down the wireless button for a few seconds to get into that mode, and then press the wireless button until you reach the W.L - F.1 text

Then press the TTL -M button to go into M mode. The W.L - F.1 text will still show in the display, which will tell you that you are still in a wireless mode. I am using the flash with a radio trigger and not mounted directly on a camera. In my hot shoe is the transmitter, and a receiver is attached to a viltros fc-6s that works perfectly. It adds a 1/4"-20 thread on the bottom for off camera work (or near the camera with a bracket). Even if you turn off the flash, the settings will stay, which is also nice.

All the best,

-- hide signature --

Andrew Darlow
Editor, The Imaging Buffet

Thanks for updating this thread .
I guess this method would work for any flash capable of wireless control .

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 +41 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow