PIX 2015

28mm F1.8G - suffers from stop down focus shift?

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
andrepinnola
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Update in 2015....
In reply to Roland Wooster, 1 week ago

Roland Wooster wrote:

I don't believe the supposed "stop down focus shift" is a design flaw, but probably a manufacturing problem with some of the lenses, perahps only affecting earlier versions of the lens.

I got my 28mm F1.8G recently and after thorough testing I can confirm there's no stop down focus shift problem at all on my sample. In fact, it's one of the sharpest lenses I've seen, and improves all the way from F1.8 through F8.

Roland.

-- hide signature --

Hey guys.. just bought a 28 f1.8G to use with my D750 and a friend did the same. He noticed some focus issue using f16 (he shoots products for a factory). I had no problem with mine shooting people even in movement scenes, running etc..

BUT, today I did a test in f1.8 and the lens do not focus in the end of the range. So He noticed the same problem. Using the fine tune I found the +11 was the best and for him, the +10. Almost the same front focus issue.

Has anyone notice the same problem? The focus shift I could not see, in fact, but this big front focus issue is really bad. Happy for the fine tune to solve this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow