5D MarkIII no power up

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 11,149Gear list
Re: Add one more to the list...
In reply to Potemkin_Photo, 3 months ago

Potemkin_Photo wrote:

bikeguy wrote:

Have had my 5D Mark III since October, 2013 and it's been working fine all this time. Love this camera. But...

Shot last Wednesday and did what I usually do - load images, charge battery, put card and battery back in camera, back up images, format card.

Go to turn it on the next day and nada. Took out battery and card and waited an hour. Nada. Took out battery, card, small clock battery and removed lens. Let sit overnight. Placed everything back. Nada.

So on the phone CPS Friday, send the camera in and they'll be replacing "PCB assembly dc/dc".

Will report back on how it goes once I get the camera back.

Am thankful to have a Mark II as backup.

-- hide signature --

man, what a disappointment. glad i didn't pay 3000 for a camera that would fail after a year and a few shots. Usually associate that failure rate with kmart watches.

Yes, disappointing, but I love the camera and have no regrets about having purchased it. It's a PITA to deal with but I'm hoping it will all get figured out, whether with this fix or if more attention is needed.

bikeguy's gear list:bikeguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow