The Best M by Far

Started Dec 29, 2013 | User reviews thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,843Gear list
Like?
Re: The Best M by Far
In reply to Skipper494, 1 week ago

Skipper494 wrote:

No doubt that the craftsmanship is very rewarding, but 'fiddling with the AF'? ................. but I hardly need to adjust anything these days.

In my view this is an absolutely valid point of view, and clearly the majority opinion.  It certainly makes life simpler and is arguably the most practical solution.

For my own use however, "fiddling" with the different controls and adjusting stuff is largely the reason for my owning the silly thing to begin with.    I rather enjoy the increased involvement required and find that I am using My D800e very little since moving to Leicas.

This is, perhaps, the primary difference between my self and a "real" photographer.  For me, it's not completely about the images, it's just the general experience of mucking about with the finely crafted bits that attracts me to the hobby.

Of course, I don't have to make a living with the things either

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow