Tamron 24-70 f2.8 Vc, autofocus problem??

Started Jun 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Kasper FC
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 24-70 f2.8 Vc, autofocus problem??
In reply to Fervalosious, 1 week ago

Fervalosious wrote:

awf476 wrote:

Kasper FC wrote:

Pablo Sanchez wrote:

mfahim27753 wrote:

I don't have any problems at all with it, it is one of my best lenses.

Maybe send it to Tamron for a checkup?

-- hide signature --

I have just contacted the seller today in order to send them the lens and they have told me they will be responsible to send it to Tamron. I hope I can finally solve the problem because if it wasn't for that focusing problem, the lens is totally amazing.

I would like to know what was wrong and if its working properly now.. Mine is having the same problem. thanks

Did this ever get resolved? I just bought the lens today and noticed through about 100 shots that it's having severe focusing issues on a new D750. I would like to know whether you were happy with the adjustments made. Being as I only bought the lens today, I think I'll take it back for a clean copy. Thanks.

Yes! I am having the same problem with this lens on a Nikon D750. It has a really hard time to focus and then the focusing will "lock" at the closest range. The only way I can get it to start autofocusing again is to manuall focus to 'near infinity'. Have you resolved the issue?

The problem on mine was due to condensation. If you keep it in a airconditioned hotel room over night, and then bring it out in humid weather, it gets problems due to the contact between lens and camera

Kasper FC's gear list:Kasper FC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow